European Endocrinology Editor-in-Chief John Doupis provides a Greek perspective on the successes of the government in managing the COVID-19 pandemic. He discusses the adaptations patients and physicians are making to treatment plans, the pivotal role of telemedicine and how caregivers can keep family members and those they live with as safe as possible.
1. What is the current COVID-19 outbreak situation in Greece and how are the government managing the spread of the virus? (0:10)
2. How is the COVID-19 outbreak affecting consultations between patients and physicians, and what measures are in place to keep both parties as safe as possible? (1:17)
3. How does infection with COVID-19 affect the treatment plan for diabetic patients? (2:48)
4. What advice would you give to family members and caregivers of diabetic patients in this current situation? (3.30)
5. What have we learned from this experience, and how will this effect diabetes practice in the future? (4.25)
John Doupis has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Commissioned, edited and funded by Touch Medical Media
Published: 8 April 2020
Share this Video
Related Videos In COVID-19
Stefano Del Prato, EASD 2020 – Planning a virtual meeting
We were delighted to speak with EASD President Prof. Stefano Del Prato (University of Pisa and University Hospital of Pisa) ahead of this year’s virtual meeting to hear how the meeting has been adapted to a virtual format. Questions 1. How did you go about planning for virtual EASD?(00:05) 2. What key features are you […]
COVID-19: New ways of providing care
COVID-19 is forcing us to change the way we work. Professor Chantal Mathieu from Leuven, Belgium, explains how video and teleconsulting is helping her diabetes centre meet the challenge. Support: Published in collaboration with the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Published: 15 April 2020
Obesity, diabetes and COVID-19: Challenges and how to keep safe
Dr Osama Hamdy, Harvard Medical School, discusses the greater risk to patients with obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular problems and related health issues, extra precautions to take and the impact COVID-19 is having on clinical practice. Questions 1. How do obesity and cardiovascular problems affect an individual’s susceptibility to COVID-19? (0:10) 2. In the USA, how is […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchENDOCRINOLOGYSign me up!