At the European Society for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Annual Meeting in Barcelona, Michael Stumvoll discusses the latest data from the VERIFY study.
1. What is the rationale for very early combination treatment with vildagliptin‐metformin in patients with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes? (0:05)
2. How does the patient population in the VERIFY study differ from those in previous intervention studies? (1:00)
3. Could you tell us a little about the aims and design of the VERIFY study? (2:45)
4. What were the major efficacy and safety findings of this study? (4:27)
5. What are the implications of these findings for clinical practice? (6:00)
Michael Stumvoll has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Filmed at the Annual Meeting of the European Association of the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Barcelona, Spain 2019.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Diabetes
Chantal Mathieu: Research highlights from 2022
We were delighted to speak with our editorial board member Prof. Chantal Mathieu (University Hospital Gasthuisberg Leuven, Leuven, Belgium) around this year’s research highlights in diabetes and what to look out for in 2023. Questions What are the key clinical highlights from 2022 in the field of diabetes? (0:16) What are the hot topics and […]
José García-Tirado, DTM 2022: RocketAP in Practice: Results from Pilot and Feasibility Trials
In this touchENDOCRINOLOGY interview, Dr José García-Tirado (University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA) gives an overview of RocketAP and discusses how the RocketAP compares to the USS-Virginia system and also what the next steps in the clinical development of the Rocket AP will be. The abstract entitled: ‘RocketAP in Practice: Results from Pilot and Feasibility […]
José García-Tirado, DTM 2022: Challenges in the development of artificial pancreas systems
An artificial pancreas is a system made of three parts that work together to mimic how a healthy pancreas controls blood glucose in the body. In this touchENDOCRINOLOGY interview, Dr José García-Tirado (University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA) discusses the major challenges in the development of artificial pancreas systems. The abstract entitled: ‘RocketAP in Practice: Results from Pilot […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchENDOCRINOLOGYSign me up!