At the European Society for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Annual Meeting in Barcelona, Thomas Danne discusses his session on the latest clinical evidence supporting the use of sotagliflozin in type 1 diabetes.
1. What is the rationale for the use of sotagliflozin in as an adjunct to insulin therapy in type 1 diabetes (T1D)? (0:05)
2. What clinical evidence supports the use of sotagliflozin in T1D? (1:00)
3. What is the effect of sotagliflozin on the risk of diabetic ketoacidosis and urinary tract infections? (1:57)
4. Which patients are most likely to benefit from this treatment? (2:58)
5. What further research is needed before this treatment enters routine clinical use?
Thomas Danne has no conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Filmed at the Annual Meeting of the European Association of the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Barcelona, Spain 2019.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Diabetes
Welcome to the IDF Virtual Congress 2021
Programme Chair Prof. João Filipe Raposo introduces the programme for the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) Virtual Congress 2021 (December 6-11) focusing on diabetes complications and the links between COVID-19 and diabetes. https://www.idf2021.org
Matthew Budoff, ENDO 2021: Findings from a Substudy of the VERTIS CV Trial – Ertugliflozin for T2DM & ASCVD
We caught up with Professor Matthew Budoff (UCLA and Lundquist Institute, Torrance, CA, US) to discuss ertugliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and established atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease inadequately controlled with metformin and sulfonylurea (Clinical Trial Identifier: NCT01986881). ‘Efficacy and Safety of Ertugliflozin in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Established Cardiovascular Disease […]
Insulin at 100: a life-saving discovery but more remains to be done
2021 marks the centenary of the discovery of insulin. It is important to remind ourselves that this life-saving medication still remains beyond the reach of many people with diabetes who need it. Find out more at: https://worlddiabetesday.org/about/insulin-at-100/ Support: Published in collaboration with the International Diabetes Federation.
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchENDOCRINOLOGYSign me up!