Lise Lotte Gluud, EASD 2021: Effect of Subcutaneous Semaglutide on Features of the Metabolic Syndrome in Patients with Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis
touchENDOCRINOLOGY caught up with Prof Lise Lotte Gluud (Copenhagen University Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark) virtually during the EASD Annual Meeting 2021 conference to discuss her study on the effect of subcutaneous semaglutide on features of the metabolic syndrome in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
1. Could you give us a brief overview of the association of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and metabolic syndrome? (0:17-00:49)
2. Could you tell us a little about the Phase 2 study investigating semaglutide in the treatment of NASH and its primary outcomes? (00:49-01:28)
3. What was the objective of the current analysis? (01:28-02:21)
4. What were the findings in different patient subgroups in terms of the metabolic endpoints studied? (02:21-02:52)
5. What evidence suggests that the findings are a direct effect of semaglutide rather than a consequence of weight loss? (02:52-03:35)
Speaker Disclosure: Lise Lotte Gluud has been an advisory board member for Novo Nordisk and received research fees from Novo Nordisk, Gilead, Sobi and Alexion.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd. Interview conducted by Louise Taylor.
Filmed in coverage of the EASD Annual Meeting 2021
Share this Video
Related Videos In Liver Disorders
Peter Ferenci, EASL ILC 2022: Wilson’s disease – diagnosis and treatment
Wilson’s disease is a rare, genetic disorder characterized by the accumulation of excess copper in vital organs such as the liver and brain. Damage caused by the excess copper build-up can lead to symptoms of liver and neurological diseases. In this touchENDOCRINOLOGY interview, we speak with Prof. Peter Ferenci (Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria) […]
Camilla Dalby Hansen, EASL ILC 2022: Non-calorie restricted, low carbohydrate, high fat diet for NAFLD in T2DM
touchENDOCRINOLOGY spoke with Camilla Dably Hansen (Odense Hospital, Denmark) about the findings from the recent 6-month randomised controlled trial investigating the impact of a non-calorie restricted, low carbohydrate, high fat diet on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) activity score (NAS) and HbA1c in patients with type 2 diabetes (T2DM). The abstract entitled ‘A non-calorie restricted […]
Aleksander Krag, EASL 2022: International Liver Congress Update
We caught up with the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) Vice-Secretary, Prof. Aleksander Krag, to discuss the upcoming International Liver Congress (ILC) and what to expect. At ILC 2022 they will be bringing back face-to-face meetings in a new model, reshaping the scientific programme, offering a fresh experience, merging the very best […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchENDOCRINOLOGYSign me up!