Nicola Veronese, WCO21: Pharma-grade Chondroitin Sulfate in Osteoarthritis Treatment
touchIMMUNOLOGY joins Professor Nicola Veronese (University of Padova, Italy) at WCO21 to discuss the efficacy, safety and quality of pharma-grade chondroitin sulfate in osteoarthritis treatment.
1. What is the rationale for the use of highly purified chondroitin sulfate (hpCS) in osteoarthritis treatment? (00:12-01:05)
2. Could you tell us a little about your recent literature review and its findings? (01:05-01:30)
3. What were your conclusions about the impact of efficacy, safety and health economics on treatment with hpCS? (01:30-02:35)
4. What are your thoughts on commonly available CS supplements and what can be done to ensure safe and effective products? (02:35-03:22)
5. Could you give us a brief overview of some of the other studies you are presenting at WCO? (03:22-04:05)
Disclosures: Nicola Veronese has no financial or non-financial conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media. Interview conducted by Sophie Nickelson.
Filmed in coverage of the WCO21 Annual Meeting.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Bone Disorders
Lisa Sarfaty: Exploring and addressing inequities in rare diseases
Rare diseases can present numerous challenges for those living with these conditions and the healthcare professionals caring for them. In this interview we discuss some of these with Lisa Sarfaty, VP of Communication and Engagement for NORD (The National Organization for Rare Disorders) and explore ways in which they could be tackled. Questions Could you […]
Lisa Sarfaty: Help support Rare Disease Day
Our society partner, NORD (The National Organization for Rare Disorder) has planned several initiatives to support this year’s Rare Disease Day on 28 February. These activities are aimed at raising awareness about rare diseases and the challenges faced by people living with these conditions. In this video, Lisa Sarfaty, NORD’s VP of Communication and Engagement, […]
Andrea R Genazzani, WCO IOF-ESCEO 2022: Hormone Replacement Therapy for Bone Loss Prevention Post Menopause (Part 2)
It was a pleasure to talk with Dr. Andrea R Genazzani (International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology and European Society of Gynecology) to find out when, in whom and for how long hormone replacement therapy should be administered for bone loss prevention post-menopause. ‘Hormone Replacement Therapy in post-menopause for bone loss prevention: when, how and for […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchENDOCRINOLOGYSign me up!