Dr Richard Keen (Director, Centre for Metabolic Bone Disease, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, UK) joins us for Rare Disease Day to discuss the spectrum of rare bone disorders, the challenges of diagnosis, and the impact on patient quality of life.
Touch Medical Media is supporting Rare Disease Day (28 February 2022) to shine a light on healthcare inequalities for people living with Rare Diseases, focusing on patient quality of life and the difficulty of diagnosing patients early.
- Could you tell us a little about the spectrum of rare bone disorders and the challenges of diagnosis? (0:15)
- What are the current management options and strategies for patients with rare bone diseases? (2:44)
- What is the impact of rare bone diseases on patients’ quality of life? (5:13)
Disclosures: Richard Keen has nothing to disclose in relation to this video.
Support: The production of this video was supported by Touch Medical Media.
Other content available in support of Rare Disease Day includes:
- Ethan Crough: Living with achondroplasia – Celebrating diversity and increasing awareness
- Said Beydoun: Understanding myasthenia gravis and the impact on patients’ quality of life
- Damara Ortiz: The impact of Pompe disease and the importance of newborn screening
- Shekita Green: Living with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD) – A patient perspective
- Megan Hunter: Living with myasthenia gravis – A journey to diagnosis
- Spero R Cataland: Acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura – Risks, complications and the impact on daily life
- Jackie Palace: Improving diagnosis and treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder
Share this Video
Related Videos In Bone Disorders
Andrea R. Genazzani, WCO IOF-ESCEO 2022: Hormone Replacement Therapy for Bone Loss Prevention Post Menopause (Part 2)
It was a pleasure to talk with Dr. Andrea R. Genazzani (International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology and European Society of Gynecology) to find out when, in whom and for how long hormone replacement therapy should be administered for bone loss prevention post-menopause. ‘Hormone Replacement Therapy in post-menopause for bone loss prevention: when, how and for […]
Andrea R. Genazzani, WCO IOF-ESCEO 2022: Hormone Replacement Therapy for Bone Loss Prevention Post Menopause (Part 1)
touchENDOCRINOLOGY were delighted to catch up with Dr. Andrea R. Genazzani (International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology and European Society of Gynecology) to discuss the health burden of osteoporosis in post-menopausal women and how HRT could be used as a prevention strategy. ‘Hormone Replacement Therapy in post-menopause for bone loss prevention: when, how and for how […]
Michael R. McClung, WCO IOF-ESCEO 2022: Therapeutic Updates in Osteoporosis
We were delighted to talk with Dr Michael R. McClung (Oregon Osteoporosis Center, Portland, OR, USA) around the current unmet needs and standard of care for osteoporosis and the therapeutic targets currently being investigated that could lead to new drug approvals. ‘Can we expect new chemical entities for the management of osteoporosis in the coming […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchENDOCRINOLOGYSign me up!