Deep Dutta explores prediabetes, whether it can be reversed and compares the benefits of diet plans to a balanced diet.
1. What is prediabetes and can it be reversed? (0:12)
2. Can diabetes be reversed? (0:36)
3. Now that you have highlighted that not all diabetes can be reversed, what are the predictors of diabetes reversal? (1:35)
4. What is the importance of diet in diabetes reversal? (2:20)
5. How would you compare different diet plans like the keto diet, paleo diet, low-carb diet, low-fat diet, Mediterranean diet among others versus a balanced diet in helping diabetes reversal? (2:52)
Speaker disclosure: Deep Dutta has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) annual meeting, Berlin, Germany, 2018
Share this Video
Related Videos In Obesity
Domenica M. Rubino, ENDO 2021: Findings from the STEP 4 Study
It was a pleasure to talk to Dr Domenica Rubino (Washington Center for Weight Management and Research, Arlington, VA, US) around the effect of once-weekly semaglutide on weight loss maintenance in overweight or obese adults. ‘Weight Loss Maintenance With Once-Weekly Semaglutide 2.4 MG in Adults With Overweight or Obesity Reaching Maintenance Dose (STEP 4).’ (PRESENTATION […]
Harold Lebovitz, MD, ADA 2019 – Weight management, Type 2 diabetes and glycemic control
We are joined by Editorial Board member Harold Lebovitz to discuss the unmet needs and important advances in weight management and type 2 diabetes and glycemic control. Filmed at the American Diabetes Association (ADA) annual meeting 2019, San Francisco, USA. Questions: 1) What are the current unmet needs in the management of obesity and type […]
Deep Dutta MD, ADA 2019 – Diabetes and Weight Loss
We were delighted to meet new Editorial Board member Dr Deep Dutta at the ADA conference to discuss the role of diet and exercise in diabetes management and the importance of weight loss. Filmed at the American Diabetes Association (ADA) annual meeting 2019, San Francisco, USA. Questions: 1. Why is it so important for type […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchENDOCRINOLOGYSign me up!