Jens Holst, EASD 2018 – The future of obesity management and its effect on diabetes
Professor Holst discusses his current research and the most important current findings in diabetes.
1. In today’s post-genomic era, are there any major endocrine hormones similar to GLP-1 left to discover? (0:12)
2. Will ‘diet pills’ will ever be able to outperform lifestyle modifications for weight loss? (1:01)
3. What will be the next big therapeutic breakthrough in diabetes and obesity research? (4:37)
4. With the current obesity epidemic, what is the long-term outlook for obesity-related diseases such as type 2 diabetes? (5:41)
5. What are your highlights of EASD 2018 so far? (7:27)
Speaker’s disclosures: Professor Holst has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) annual meeting, Berlin, Germany, 2018
Share this Video
Related Videos In Diabetes
Chantal Mathieu: Research highlights from 2022 in diabetes
2022 saw the FDA approval of teplizumab to delay the onset of type 1 diabetes. In addition, there has also been evidence to suggest the effectivness of SGLT2 inhibitors in type 1 diabetes. We were delighted to speak with our editorial board member Prof. Chantal Mathieu (University Hospital Gasthuisberg Leuven, Leuven, Belgium) around this year’s research […]
José García-Tirado, DTM 2022: RocketAP in Practice: Results from Pilot and Feasibility Trials
In this touchENDOCRINOLOGY interview, Dr José García-Tirado (University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA) gives an overview of RocketAP and discusses how the RocketAP compares to the USS-Virginia system and also what the next steps in the clinical development of the Rocket AP will be. The abstract entitled: ‘RocketAP in Practice: Results from Pilot and Feasibility […]
José García-Tirado, DTM 2022: Challenges in the development of artificial pancreas systems
An artificial pancreas is a system made of three parts that work together to mimic how a healthy pancreas controls blood glucose in the body. In this touchENDOCRINOLOGY interview, Dr José García-Tirado (University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA) discusses the major challenges in the development of artificial pancreas systems. The abstract entitled: ‘RocketAP in Practice: Results from Pilot […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchENDOCRINOLOGYSign me up!