At the European Society for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Annual Meeting in Barcelona, Tina Vilsbøll discusses the current opinion about cardiorenal risk in patients with T2D.
1. What have recent studies taught us about cardiorenal risk in patients with type 2 diabetes (T2D)? (0:04)
2. How has increased knowledge of cardiorenal risk impacted our management of patients with T2D? (0:52)
3. Should we be increasing the use of sodium-glucose transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor and GLP-1 receptor agonists in patients with T2D with cardiorenal risk? (1:41)
4. What are the advantages and limitations of oral versus injected formulations of semaglutide? (2:48)
5. What are your highlights of EASD so far? (4:23)
Tina Vilsbøll is a Consultant/board for Amgen, Novo Nordisk, MSD, Sun Pharma, Sanofi, Lilly, Boehringer, Mundipharma.
Filmed at the Annual Meeting of the European Association of the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Barcelona, Spain 2019.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Diabetes
Chantal Mathieu: Research highlights from 2022
We were delighted to speak with our editorial board member Prof. Chantal Mathieu (University Hospital Gasthuisberg Leuven, Leuven, Belgium) around this year’s research highlights in diabetes and what to look out for in 2023. Questions What are the key clinical highlights from 2022 in the field of diabetes? (0:16) What are the hot topics and […]
José García-Tirado, DTM 2022: RocketAP in Practice: Results from Pilot and Feasibility Trials
In this touchENDOCRINOLOGY interview, Dr José García-Tirado (University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA) gives an overview of RocketAP and discusses how the RocketAP compares to the USS-Virginia system and also what the next steps in the clinical development of the Rocket AP will be. The abstract entitled: ‘RocketAP in Practice: Results from Pilot and Feasibility […]
José García-Tirado, DTM 2022: Challenges in the development of artificial pancreas systems
An artificial pancreas is a system made of three parts that work together to mimic how a healthy pancreas controls blood glucose in the body. In this touchENDOCRINOLOGY interview, Dr José García-Tirado (University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA) discusses the major challenges in the development of artificial pancreas systems. The abstract entitled: ‘RocketAP in Practice: Results from Pilot […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchENDOCRINOLOGYSign me up!