Richard Keen, Rare Disease Day 2022: Rare bone diseases – Diagnosis, management and patient quality of life
Dr Richard Keen (Director, Centre for Metabolic Bone Disease, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, UK) joins us for Rare Disease Day to discuss the spectrum of rare bone disorders, the challenges of diagnosis, and the impact on patient quality of life.
Touch Medical Media is supporting Rare Disease Day (28 February 2022) to shine a light on healthcare inequalities for people living with Rare Diseases, focusing on patient quality of life and the difficulty of diagnosing patients early.
- Could you tell us a little about the spectrum of rare bone disorders and the challenges of diagnosis? (0:15)
- What are the current management options and strategies for patients with rare bone diseases? (2:44)
- What is the impact of rare bone diseases on patients’ quality of life? (5:13)
Disclosures: Richard Keen has nothing to disclose in relation to this video.
Support: The production of this video was supported by Touch Medical Media.
Other content available in support of Rare Disease Day includes:
- Ethan Crough: Living with achondroplasia – Celebrating diversity and increasing awareness
- Said Beydoun: Understanding myasthenia gravis and the impact on patients’ quality of life
- Damara Ortiz: The impact of Pompe disease and the importance of newborn screening
- Shekita Green: Living with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD) – A patient perspective
- Megan Hunter: Living with myasthenia gravis – A journey to diagnosis
- Spero R Cataland: Acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura – Risks, complications and the impact on daily life
- Jackie Palace: Improving diagnosis and treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder
Share this Video
Related Videos In Bone Disorders
Lisa Sarfaty: Exploring and addressing inequities in rare diseases
Rare diseases can present numerous challenges for those living with these conditions and the healthcare professionals caring for them. In this interview we discuss some of these with Lisa Sarfaty, VP of Communication and Engagement for NORD (The National Organization for Rare Disorders) and explore ways in which they could be tackled. Questions Could you […]
Lisa Sarfaty: Help support Rare Disease Day
Our society partner, NORD (The National Organization for Rare Disorder) has planned several initiatives to support this year’s Rare Disease Day on 28 February. These activities are aimed at raising awareness about rare diseases and the challenges faced by people living with these conditions. In this video, Lisa Sarfaty, NORD’s VP of Communication and Engagement, […]
Andrea R Genazzani, WCO IOF-ESCEO 2022: Hormone Replacement Therapy for Bone Loss Prevention Post Menopause (Part 2)
It was a pleasure to talk with Dr. Andrea R Genazzani (International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology and European Society of Gynecology) to find out when, in whom and for how long hormone replacement therapy should be administered for bone loss prevention post-menopause. ‘Hormone Replacement Therapy in post-menopause for bone loss prevention: when, how and for […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchENDOCRINOLOGYSign me up!