It was a pleasure to speak to Christopher Cannon to discuss the much-anticipated results of the VERTIS-CV trial (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01986881) evaluating the efficacy and safety and cardiovascular outcomes of ertugliflozin in type 2 diabetes.
1. Could you tell us a little about the VERTIS-CV trial and its primary and secondary outcome data? (0:06)
2. What were the major safety findings, including the effects on diabetic ketoacidosis and acute kidney injury? (2:44)
3. How do these compare to data from the other SGLT2 cardiovascular outcome trials? (3:50)
4. Why do you think this study has not shown a statistically significant effect on reducing the incidence of CV disease death and heart failure hospitalisations? (4:42)
5. With an increasing number of SGLT inhibitors available, what factors should be considered in choosing between them? (6:18)
Speaker disclosure: Christopher Cannon has received research grants from Amgen, Boehringer-Ingelheim (BI), Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS), Daiichi Sankyo, Janssen, Merck and Pfizer and consulting fees from Aegerion, Alnylam, Amarin, Amgen, Applied Therapeutics, Ascendia, BI, BMS, Corvidia, HLS Therapeutics, Innovent, Janssen, Kowa, Merck, Pfizer, Sanofi and Rhoshan.
Support: Interview commissioned and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Filmed in coverage of the ADA 2020 Virtual 80th Scientific Sessions.
Related Videos In Diabetes
Dr Teresa Quattrin, EASD 2020 – Updates from the T1GER study
We spoke with Teresa Quattrin (University at Buffalo, Oishei Children’s Hospital) following her presentation of the T1GER study, which investigated the effect of treatment with golimumab in children, adolescents, and young adults with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes. Disclosures: Tersea Quattrin discloses the following: Consultant to Janssen Research & Development Clinical Trial, Principal Investigator at […]
Prof. Hiddo Lambers Heerspink, EASD 2020 – Updates from the DAPA-CKD trial
touchENDOCRINOLOGY were delighted to speak with Prof. Hiddo Lambers Heerspink to hear more about the highly anticipated results of DAPA-CKD, investigating dapagliflozin in patients with chronic kidney disease with or without type 2 diabetes. Disclosures: Prof. Lambers Heerspink discloses the following: Grant Funding and Consultancy from AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim and AbbVie, Steering committee member for […]
Dr Ramzi Ajjan, EASD 2020 – Updates from the LIBERATES trial
We spoke with Dr Ramzi Ajjan (University of Leeds and Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust) at Virtual EASD 2020 following the presentation of the results from the LIBERATES trial (improving gLucose control in patIents with diaBEtes following myocaRdial infArction: The role of a novEl glycaemic monitoring). Disclosures: Ramzi Ajjan has received institutional research grants from Abbott, […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchENDOCRINOLOGYSign me up!